Home Forums Presidential Election Republican National Convention 2016

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Brando81 Brando81 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brando81
    Brando81

So we are at the end of Day 2 of the Republican National Convention. Trump’s nomination is official. I didn’t catch a lot of Day 1, but I didn’t really care for the parts that I did hear. Day 2 had some highs & lows for sure. Trump Jr’s speech was very good. It made Trump seem relatable to the common worker. It showed that he isn’t stuck up in the boardroom and penthouses, but knows what it’s like for the common worker and values their common sense. He laid out a conservative viewpoint, and I think his speech really helps Trump. Tiffany Trump’s speech was also very good, and I enjoyed Dana White’s speech as well. Chris Christie laid out some good questions about Clinton’s trustworthiness, although it was in a strange and annoyingly pep rallyish way.

For the lows….I like Dr. Ben Carson as a person, and I think he has genuinely good intentions. However….Clinton has plenty of things to attack on their own merits-many that we already laid out by Christie earlier in the night. Why are we trying to use the words on a dedication page on a book written by somebody else that is not related to Hillary to try to start religious outrage? It was such a stretch, and the fear mongering is so frustrating. Kimberlin Brown- I don’t know what she was talking about. I picked up more about her businesses and that she grows avocados than anything about Trump. It was just strange.

What stood out to you?

Brando81
    Brando81

A few thoughts so far tonight…

Scott Walker – Overall a good speech for a Republican, but it’s frustrating to hear this lie continue to be spread “A vote for anyone but Trump is a vote for Hillary.” That is blatantly false, and it’s frustrating to keep having to fight that battle with both Republicans and Democrats who say the same thing in reverse.

Ted Cruz- What can I say? YouTube will haunt him for years on this. He aggressively tried to force Trump to commit to support the eventual nominee (probably thought Trump had 0% chance at that point.) Trump did, and Cruz and all the others committed to the same pledge. Now he clearly does not want any part of that. For someone that tried to run on values, integrity, etc, that is going to be a hard one to distance himself from.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Show
Hide