Home Forums Presidential Election Jill Stein – Green Party Candidate

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wcprrt 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brando81
    Brando81

I haven’t heard much about Jill Stein who is a presidential candidate from the Green Party. I know the Green Party is big on environmental issues. On Stein’s website, she also advocates for 100% clean renewable energy, a living wage, $15/hr minimum wage, tuition free college, and single payer healtcare. You can find her site at:

http://www.jill2016.com/

What are your thoughts on Jill Stein and the Green Party platform?

wcprrt
    Participant

I am registered as a Green Party member and I am a member of the national Eco-Action Committee, which looks at environmental issues. I feel since I joined in 2009 the Green Party has steadily moved left and Jill Stein has very leftist views. I am politically moderate, although I am liberal on some issues and conservative on others and in the middle on others. I don’t have a lot in common with some of the Green stuff these days, but I think the Greens and others have common ground on some things, such as opposing the influence of the high rollers in elections and wanting elections to be free and fair. You hit on target with what Jill Stein believes, but she also likes to get involved in protests and she has been arrested twice that I know about. She says responsible Greens should be arrested in protests and I don’t think that will attract mainstream voters.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Show
Hide