Home Forums Presidential Election CNN Republican Town Hall Feb 17 & 18

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Brando81 Brando81 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brando81
    Brando81

What do you guys think of this event? I liked the Democratic Town Halls, but I feel like we have had so many debates by now. I am just curious if we will learn anything new, or if this is just more time to hear the same things over and over and attack the other candidates. It will be interesting to see. What do you hope to hear from these town halls? Do you like the format?

Brando81
    Brando81

What are your thoughts on tonight’s town hall?

Carson – Much better in this format than in the debates. His first answer about caring for people but not supporting all the government programs was one of the best answers that I’ve heard from him on any topic and one of the best from a Republican perspective that I’ve heard. I always feel that Republicans do a poor job communicating that they do care about people, but don’t think the government is the most effective way to take care of people’s needs. Local charities are much better and more efficient and people should voluntarily choose to take care of these needs. This is a position Republicans need to get much better at communicating if they want to fight the stereotype that they don’t care about the poor and needy.

Rubio – Much better as well. I like Rubio so much better when he goes off script and off party line. He just seems so afraid to do it, and I think that is disappointing. I also thought it was strange, even if joking, to say that he can’t admit to going to a rave here, because this is a Republican primary. It made it seem like everything was filtered for who is voting. While we all know that is true, it was odd to hear someone admit it.

Cruz – I thought he did OK, but I certainly don’t like him. I feel like he was fairly negative about the other candidates and gets stuck on technicalities that nobody really cares about. Then the far social conservative plus pro war stances seem difficult if it were to go to the general election. I feel like this performance was true to who he is, but just reaffirmed that he is not a candidate I could support.

wcprrt
    Participant

I think the debates started too early. I would like to see no debates until January of the election year. The way things have become these debates have gotten to be more like ‘Survivor’ episodes than anything that shows Presidential qualities in the candidates.

Brando81
    Brando81

I agree. I think the whole election season takes these candidates away from their actual job – Senate, governor, whatever they were actually elected to do. Cut the season down, starting Jan of election year sounds good to me. Did you watch tonight’s town hall? I am watching it on DVR and just starting. Was curious your take on them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Show
Hide